Wednesday 18 January 2017

A Brief Description

As cliched as it sounds I have wanted to study graphic design since looking for courses and universities in year 9 before choosing my GCSE options, with that career path in mind I took GCSE graphic products and ict as they were the most relevant to get me onto my a levels. I then took product design, ict and photography a levels along with english and RS. Whilst looking around universities in sixth form I was advised to take a foundation year in art and design to develop my skills and way of working - as from a levels would be too much of a jump. I am glad I did this year as it was my first proper experience of using sketch books and conducting a lot of research as well as developing ideas a lot more before coming to a final design - I didn't do this much before.

Starting the course in September I definitely had some concerns that I wouldn't be good enough, but the tutors made us all feel capable of the initial tasks they set and we had a lot of support through software inductions and presentations in class. Looking back to the work I initially did I have certainly improved a lot and the course is just as good as I would have imagined if not better, I am very happy with the progress I have made this year in my physical work and how I go about a brief - I am a lot more confident in starting a project now and finding inspiration as this was something I struggled with to begin with - making a start and initial ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment