Tuesday 24 January 2017

Linkedin & Other Platforms

Today John emphasised the importance of setting up a page on Linkedin - a sort of Facebook for professionals that allows you to connect with other people who are interested in the same areas as you, as well as being able to upload your experience and look for jobs. An essential part of our jobs now and in the future is to push our work out there and get people talking about you - resulting in people wanting to work with you. The site can also be used to get feedback from projects are working on and chat to people about similar work.


Other platforms can be used to share and promote your work such as Behance which is run by Adobe and allows you to connect your creative cloud to share projects and gain feedback and responses.


As well as these professional websites a lot of designers also use Instagram and Tumblr to share their identity as a designer online. 

I use my instagram to showcase work that I have produced, both design work and photography. As well as following a lot of inspirational accounts and saving anything I really admire.

I use tumblr more for inspiration as you can see I have posted some of my work and tagged them into specific categories which you can find on the links, however it is primarily used to gather inspo - a visual mind map.
Another website I have work on is flickr however I wouldn't relate this so much to design, however it is still relevant as I like to use photography in my work.



The final website I use often is pinterest - I don't upload any of my own work to this site but use it a lot to gain inspiration and ideas from work similar to what I want to produce - or on the topic I am working on. 




No comments:

Post a Comment