Thursday 17 May 2018

Catherine Kelly Look Book Collaboration

I was contacted by a level 5 photography student with an opportunity to collaborate. Her brief was fashion in the city and involved creating a short film (1 minute) as well as producing a series of photographs, with the option to put into a publication. Catherine created the film first, along with a long for her brand. After viewing the film and being sent the images I started to draft the look book.




I took inspiration for layouts from other look books that are feature models in the city, after looking at the first draft I thought the first picture didn't go with the rest as it features a different model. Another thing to change with the next draft is grouping all of the colours together, the sequence will match the film as Catherine showcased yellow, red and blue. I will also add some text and block colour to give the publication a bit of life, as Catherine doesn't have any copy I will just use place holder text to showcase how the typefaces chosen compliment the overall look.



Catherine had designed her own logo so I added this to the document, whilst also adding the extra pages at the beginning and end to create the covers. The finished layouts are featured below.
















Overall I was very happy with the finished product, the images were a high quality and easy to work with and it has given me a real insight into what it is like to collaborate with a creative that isn't on my course, and isn't a graphic designer. The project taught me about communication and time management as Catherine had a strict deadline, whilst I also had other work going on I had to juggle, without letting her down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment