Thursday 17 May 2018

Study Task 01 - Summer Activity

Over summer I went to a few festivals as well as travelling to Spain (Tossa de Mar and Barcelona). One of the festivals I went to was Glastonbury, where I saw a lot of talented bands and DJ's whilst also experiencing art installations and politic statements. Glastonbury is different to most other festivals as it is about a lot more than just the music, the organisers are socially, environmentally and politically aware and famously left wing, because of this, the 5 days at the festival are a lot more than just going to see bands, if you want it to be. Shangri La is an area of the festival away from the main stages - SHANGRI-LA 2017: ENVIRON-MENTAL THE SH-AFTERLIFE IS NO MORE. No Heaven. No Hell. Only the waste from last year’s Festival remains..All the things you left behind. The area is full of eye opening images and structures and is carefully planned throughout the build up to the festival itself. The installations really made me think about the world around us and how we have to look after it, a lot of my friends felt the same way and it showed how powerful installations and art can be, they really have an affect on people.


Another thing that really opened my eyes to good design was the city of Barcelona, I have always been interested in architecture and really enjoy photographing buildings so when I explored Barcelona I felt in my element. Below are some photographs I took in one of the buildings Gaudi designed during his time in the city. 




Antoni Gaudí i Cornet (25 June 1852 – 10 June 1926) was a Spanish architect. He is the best known practitioner of Catalan Modernism. Gaudí's works have a highly individualized, and one-of-a-kind style. Most are located in Barcelona, including his main work, the church of the Sagrada Família. 

Aside from this I didn't get much opportunity to visit galleries and see exhibitions as I had a few family/personal issues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment